livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan on “Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual”

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan on “Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual”
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:16:26 -0700

Michael Pollan on “Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual”
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/8/michael_pollan_on_food_rules_an

February 08, 2010

the author of The Omnivore’s Dilemma and In Defense of Food, discusses the
link between healthcare and diet, the dangers of processed foods, the power
of the meat industry lobby, the “nutritional-industrial complex,” the impact
industrial agriculture has on global warming, and his sixty-four rules for
eating. “The markets are full of what I call edible food-like substances that
you have to avoid,” says Michael Pollan. “So a lot of the rules are to help
you, you know, navigate that now very treacherous landscape of the American
supermarket.” Today we air an excerpt of the Oscar-nominated documentary
Food, Inc. and then spend the rest of the show with Michael Pollan. [includes
rush transcript]

LISTEN
WATCH
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/8/stream

  • [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan on “Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual”, Tradingpost, 02/10/2010