livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Organic Bytes #205: Beyond the Darkest Hours, Hope Rising

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Organic Bytes #205: Beyond the Darkest Hours, Hope Rising
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:35:51 -0700

Organic Bytes #205: Beyond the Darkest Hours, Hope Rising
December 23, 2009
http://www.organicconsumers.org/bytes/ob205.htm

Winter in America 2009. Passing through the darkest period of the winter
solstice, shrouded by the gloom and doom of climate destruction, war, and
economic depression, making our way around the broken promises of "change we
can believe in," we nonetheless find ourselves celebrating life and the
redemptive power of a global Organic Revolution. We at the Organic Consumers
Association are fired up for action, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with you
and our sisters and brothers in the organic community, now millions strong,
at this turning point in history.

We believe that 2010 and the new decade is the end of the road for chemical
food and GMO agriculture. It is also the beginning of the end for
non-sustainable, fossil fuel-based transportation and industry, and a
"profit-at-any-cost" economy based upon over-consumption, war, and commercial
conquest. We invite you to join us on the organic road, the Via Organica, as
we dismantle the old system and rebuild the new, starting with our local
households, communities, and regions.

Now is a good time to look back and evaluate our work over the past year and
map out our goals and campaigns for the future. In 2010 we will continue to
safeguard and enforce strict organic standards, fight for Fair Trade and
labor justice, and take on Monsanto and Food Inc. But we also intend to
broaden our campaign focus to include the full range of our suicidal
industrial food and farming system: the chemical fertilizer industry, the
solid waste garbage industry, and the toxic sewage sludge cartel.

  • [Livingontheland] Organic Bytes #205: Beyond the Darkest Hours, Hope Rising, Tradingpost, 12/26/2009