livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Climate, agriculture and water

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Climate, agriculture and water
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:44:12 -0500

Thanks Paul!!  Very Good read!  We have laws that need to change so that folks can set up living machines to recycle grey water and even black water. It is against the law in CT where I live to run Grey wash water out to the landscape to water ornamental plants ?!  Not that we have a drought.  But our current city sewer is hooked into all the Factories and other heavy polluters  and after the treatment plant treats it, the water is set out into a local river where it goes out to long island sound.  Would love to see some of that water recycled further and used to water parks and golf course which we have to many of here.