livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The way we produce, distribute, transport and prepare our food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The way we produce, distribute, transport and prepare our food
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:29:14 -0500

I think when the scientists saw how plants responded after the bombing they put 2 + 2 together and came up with the present debacle called modern agriculture.
In the Omnivores dilemma there is a mention of how at one time farms employed many people to grow less food and survived very well. Now it takes one person and bigger equipment to grow more corn than anyone has the right to grow using more resources for less pay back, while destroying the environment and ourselves. On top of that for a lot less money..