livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The 6 Weirdest, Scariest Processed Foods

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The 6 Weirdest, Scariest Processed Foods
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:20:16 -0500

Wonderfull expose!!!
 My 'Big Brother' does not understand why I ask for "real" butter or margarine when at a restaurant-- it is because the 'spreads' are mostly water!!! They don't melt.
 And few people realize that 5those 'fat free' cooking sprays are just plain oil-- that the companies ca use the terms 'fat free' and 'sugar free' when the product contains less than 1 gram of fat or sugar per serving-- so the serving size is so small, there is no possibility of one gram being present. And the same goes for 'Zero Calories' less than one calorie per serving-- again, the serving is so small, there is no chance--
 Back to the sugar, companies do not have to include the 'hidden' sugar names-- like"caramel coloring" or 'maltodextrin

 Terry