livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] mobile food processing...

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] mobile food processing...
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:27:44 -0500

The state of Kentucky has such a processing unit-- it has 3 docks that it travels between. The people who are having their meat processed pay for that days inspectors. I am trying like heck to get a small processing facility up and running for my rabbits--as there IS a local market and demand, but no way to process locally. A little modification for the rabbit set up and I could get the facility licensed so that the poultry could be sold at a farmers market through someone with a license to sell meat. As it is, I will probably stick with rabbit--there are a lot fewer restrictions....

Terry W
Frosted Acres