livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Price Inflation Changes How We Shop

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Price Inflation Changes How We Shop
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:46:28 -0600

A good article to bolster the spirit on my farm, Paul. Thanks.

As the saying goes, "You are what you eat."
Cheap food means cheap people. A human being in a capitalist world is only worth as much as the junk trinkets they make for McDonalds Happy Meals.
Quality food creates quality people. The 'price' only reflects the system's value of people and food. As the system falls apart, the value of people and food will start to reflect real needs and real usefulness. Useful people will be worth more than useless ones who only survive because they can be exploited by the system of systems.

Dan C.

Message: 1