livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Sustainable Table Issues

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Sustainable Table Issues
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:22:47 -0500

Then the Cows die and they are ground up and fed to poultry which in turn die and are ground up and fed to cows along with their waste.. Oh Glory!!

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:00 AM, <mdnagel@verizon.net> wrote:
Antibiotics are also used to make the animals grow faster. This is contributing to the growing problem of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in humans.

I'm not sure that this is an accurate statement.  >From what I've read antibiotics are basically used to offset the side affects of growing animals too quickly, and feeding them crap that they aren't genetically predisposed to eat (cows shoveled with grain, which starts to break down their digestive systems- antibiotics are given to keep this breaking down from prematurely killing the animals).

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA