livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Chew on it: Americans throw away 40% of food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Chew on it: Americans throw away 40% of food
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:18:25 -0800 (PST)

Did you see on CNN the show about the PhD university professor who, for thirty years, has eaten out of the dumpsters?  He collects much more than he can eat and gives it away.

I dumpster dive for alumiun cans which I dump at the side for the can collectors to pick up and recycle.  I have food, unopened, in the dumpster which I took home and ate.  I try to recycle everything but the city of Lubbock's recycling program is more talk than action.

Ken H