livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] carbon sequestration

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] carbon sequestration
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:17:42 -0700

I understand greensand is also a good soil conditioner. I use it along with
rock phosphate, screened, aged horse manure, and alfalfa meal. I know of two
sources for greensand, in New Jersey and Texas. My greenhouse supply carries
both. It's also a source of trace minerals.

http://www.dgs.udel.edu/geology/mineralogy/greensand.aspx
http://organicgardening.about.com/od/organicgardeningglossary/g/greensand.htm