livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Granola Bar Recipe

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Michelle" <mklose@embarqmail.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Granola Bar Recipe
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:17:11 -0600

Here is a recipe for granola bars that I make for my kids. Much better than store bought without all the oook. I hope it copies okay.

Michelle

Granola Bars

4 ½ cups quick rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
2/3 cup butter, softened
½ cup honey
1/3 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup raisins or sunflower seeds, chopped dried fruit, etc. of a combination of any of these

Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and raisins.

Stir in the chips and raisins.

Lightly grease a 9 x13 pan with cooking spray.

Press the mixture into pan and bake at 325 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes. After the bars cool for about 10 to 15 minutes cut into squares and let them cool completely in the pan before removing them.

*Or cut all ingredients in half except for baking soda and vanilla, and cook for about 15 minutes in a smaller toaster oven pan.

  • [Livingontheland] Granola Bar Recipe, Michelle, 11/17/2009