livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Exponential functions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Exponential functions
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:16:40 -0700

Exponential functions (or doubling time) determines the absolute limits of
civilization in our own time, and makes collapse unavoidable under any
circumstances. Accordingly it has everything to do with organic food and
sustainable living.

Professor Al Bartlett begins his one-hour talk with the statement, "The
greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the
exponential function."
http://www.albartlett.org/presentations/arithmetic_population_energy.html

Video parts 1 through 4 of Arithmetic, Population and Energy - a talk by Al
Bartlett
http://www.albartlett.org/presentations/arithmetic_population_energy_video1.html