livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Back to Traditional Farming to Beat Climate Change - Herder Vs. Farmer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Back to Traditional Farming to Beat Climate Change - Herder Vs. Farmer
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:03:05 -0400

Hi Zack,
In this area the farmer/herder is responsible for the fishes.  The biggest problem we have are hunters from other areas coming in and cutting them so they can drive onto posted no hunting land to hunt.  I know out west where they still have some free range area's it is the home owner's responsibility to fence out the livestock.
Norma

It is still unclear who is responsible for the fences - the herder or the farmer?
Zack

--
I now have 3 books available in my lulu store:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=174864

visit our farm site
at:http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/