livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Plant disease

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Zachary Domike <zdomike@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Plant disease
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

About watering plants, and making compost teas, a word of caution about
Chlorinated Water. If the chlorine is put in to kill bacteria, then you can
be sure it will most effective against the 'Good' Bacteria, and so promote
the fungus and rust. I believe the chlorine interacts with other compounds
after some time exposed to the air, but that is quite unmanageable for
someone trying to use alot of 'potable water' - so of course, rainwater is
your best option.

Best,
Zack