livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:39:12 -0700 (PDT)

Was this really just published? It's funny to me because I'm reading The
Secret Life of Plants and according to that book, this is just very old news,
very old research, perhaps way back before Job even:

Job 12:8 Or speak to the earth and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of
the sea shall declare unto thee.

it's funny, the more I learn and study, the more I think we're living in the
dark ages TODAY, because the folk back then knew how to listen to the animals
and the plants and build structures that lasted...

My philodendran that we loved back to life tells me she must live in the
living room -- to me it seems there isn't enough light there, but she's happy
on the bookshelf where we loved her back to life. I have a mother in law's
tongue in my bedroom that the first several times I touched it, stalks not
directly connected quivered very distinctly. At first I thought I was just
rough, but then I did it super softly and sure enough more quivers from the
other side. Now, it knows me and nothing happens if I touch the leaves.

What makes this super exciting to me is the anointing of oils and laying on
of hands and how the good intentions of the massage therapist or spiritual
healer can influence the oils (essential oils -- the lifeblood of the plants)
work in the body. They were made for our healing and some of the plant
research when looked at in light of Genesis, Jesus Commands to the disciples,
and Rev (the leaves of the tree will be for the healing of the nations) is
just incredibly exciting.

I confess to some lawnmowing of peppermint today from my back garden
pathways, the whole area smelled heavenly! I never thought of re-naming my
lawnmower the 'outdoor herbal diffuser.'

Enjoying a hot OK summer,
Carrie