livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Organic Vs. Conventional: Have You Been Robbed?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Organic Vs. Conventional: Have You Been Robbed?
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:41:37 -0600

Just a note on that: We're not certified organic. We don't want to be and
we don't need any government stamp of approval. No chemicals here, only the
best tasting heirlooms we can find grown in the healthiest soil we can
make, and as a result we get the highest prices at any market where we
sell. As always we're still learning from mistakes, but we know one thing:
flavor sells. All varieties are not created equal. Among our best tasting:
Nantes carrots, old Italian tomatoes & basil, Romano pole beans, red
onions, heirloom shallots, garlic, & winter squash. Potatoes will be iffy
this year along with snow peas. We'll see.