livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Soil-cement construction

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Soil-cement construction
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:35:42 -0700 (PDT)

I was in a home in El Salvador that had a s-c floor.  Would not have known had I not been told.

There is a press, Cinvaram brick press, that uses s-c to make blocks with 25,000# pressure. I have seen them in the Dominican Rep and Malawi, etc. Equal to a fired brick.  Hand operated and comes in several sizes.  Cure for ten days.  I ordered one out of Colombia for an American one time.  Now they are make in most developing countries.

Ken

  • [Livingontheland] Soil-cement construction, Ken Hargesheimer, 05/08/2009