livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raised bed material

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raised bed material
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 18:34:06 -0600

I've never seen different terms, Mike. The double digging type is labeled
Biointensive by Jeavons and others, but far as I know it could be applied
to my beds. We started this list as Soilmakers before rebranding it
LivingOnTheLand to broaden it with related concerns. Either method, the
important thing is always the structure and texture of the soil, and mix of
nitrogen-rich organic material, composted plant or manure material, bone
meal or fine rock phosphate, and - I have to say it - dirt. Certain other
organic materials can be substituted that play the same role in healthy
soil.