livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 187, Issue 4 Don't overlook lawn/grass areas.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 187, Issue 4 Don't overlook lawn/grass areas.
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:55:28 -0700 (PDT)

And don't forget your neighbors lawns too. Sunday we took out 150' sq feet of a friends lawn. The potato's are in , the starts are being adjusted for this little addition, and apparently a couple other neighbors are showing interest in letting us gut some prize sod. I never really saw myself as an urban sharecropper, but I do like not having to worry about watering, and it might give me room to get into propagation experiments I've been thinking about and use up last years saved seed.