livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Organic price tags may be hard to swallow

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Organic price tags may be hard to swallow
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:21:13 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 4:55 PM

There may still be a large price differential for some items (eggs being a good example), but the farmer I get my milk, eggs and meat from has been swamped with new customers, many of whom had never bought organic before, because the increase in supermarket prices has narrowed the gap between his prices and what people have to pay in the grocery store. People are telling him that it doesn't cost any more now to buy the good meat.

Liz
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com