livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] American taste for soft toilet roll 'worse thandriving Hummers'

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] American taste for soft toilet roll 'worse thandriving Hummers'
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 09:11:54 -0500

Good article, and especially relevant in view of the fact it isn't difficult to find toilet paper made from recycled paper, without having to buy it from a health food store. Many supermarkets now carry the Seventh Generation paper products (even the one in my small rural town), and Marcal toilet paper is available in most stores. I buy it in 48-roll packs from a nearby bulk fods and restaurant supply place. I believe Costco has the large packs as well. Marcal is 100% recycled, with a minimum 60% post-consumer content.

And then there is always "family cloth," which I use. I buy the toilet paper for my housemate. Google the term if you don't know what that is.

Liz
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Spirit Talks" <spirittalks@gmail.com>