livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Non-GMO seeds

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Non-GMO seeds
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:47:05 -0500

If you want to avoid Seminis I
suggest talking to your supplier, ask where they get their seed. ~Paul

And don't forget Seed Savers Exchange.
http://www.seedsavers.org/

Members have access to a huge collection of seeds grown by all the other members, many of them passed down over generations. (Current offerings in the Yearbook run to 500 pages, dozens of listings per page.) You don't have to offer seed in order to be a member and request seeds from others, you just have to be a member. If you do get into seed saving, there are a few perks for offering your seeds in the Yearbook.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

If this nation wants to survive without an intense political convulsion,
there's a lot we can do, but none of it is being voiced in any corner of
Washington at this time. We have to get off of petro-agriculture and grow our
food locally, at a smaller scale, with more people working on it and fewer
machines. This is an enormous project, which implies change in everything
from property allocation to farming methods to new social relations. But if
we don't focus on it right away, a lot of Americans will end up starving, and
rather soon. ~James Howard Kunstler

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Non-GMO seeds, Harvey Ussery, 02/18/2009