livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Invitation to participate in homestead/photography project (Off Topic)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Invitation to participate in homestead/photography project (Off Topic)
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:35:45 -0500

Hi All,

I am circulating this notice on behalf of Lucas Foglia, a photographer and graduate student in the Yale School of Art who has been documenting photographically the lives of people in the Southeastern United States "who have left the mainstream to adopt wilderness or homesteading lifestyles." You can see some of the results of this work at
http://www.LucasFoglia.com/rewilding

Lucas now plans a similar photographic journey in the coming months through the Northeast, and is "looking for subjects--individuals, families or communities--who are homesteading or working towards self-sufficient living (living off the grid, growing and preserving their food, etc)."

Lucas notes: "I give free copies of the photographs to all of my subjects; and I title the images with first names only to ensure the privacy of my subjects."

If you are building a more self-reliant lifestyle away from the mainstream and would like to share with Lucas your efforts and your vision (or if you know folks who might be interested), please get in touch with him directly:
Lucas Foglia
lucas@lucasfoglia.com
631-987-5451

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

Were agroterrorists to poison the food supply, they'd find it hard to make their
attacks stand out against background levels of 76 million cases of illness, 300,000
haspitalizations and 5,000 deaths every year from "ordinary" foodborne
disease in the United States. If they wanted to poison the wells, they'd have to
compete against levels of pesticide-related poisoning [and contamination by nitrates]
of up to one in four wells. . . ~Raj Patel

  • [Livingontheland] Invitation to participate in homestead/photography project (Off Topic), Harvey Ussery, 01/18/2009