livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Anyone familiar with this book?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan@windwalkerfarm.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Anyone familiar with this book?
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 13:57:40 -0600

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] Anyone familiar with this book?
I have this book - or at least I think I do, mine is titled “Keeping Food Fresh” and its good.  I was intrigued by it as a resource for the coming times when we could have to do without freezing (my favorite preservation for now) due to electricity shortages.  I did make the preserved tomatoes in olive oil one year using Sungold cherry tomatoes and they were beautiful on the shelf but had a strong sort of gassy, oily taste to them so I gave them to the chickens.  I would try them again, however.  I believe the book is worth having – for the reasons I mentioned.

Joan