livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mulch + overwinter questions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mulch + overwinter questions
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:33:15 -0500

Morgan,
Goat berries can be used without composting.  They don't burn like horse, cow or chicken do.  They are more like rabbit pills.
Norma

That's going to change this year because I got goats, and
their bedding will be perfectly good mulch I think. The
question there is - how long do "goat berries" need to cool
compost so they don't burn the plants? Don't talk to me
about hot compost, turning a pile is beyond my
patience/strength. I've tried it several times over the
years and I don't intend to even try to play with it any more.

visit our farm site
at:http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/ visit our stores at:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=2738