livingontheland - [Livingontheland] HomeGrown, The Film: 6, 000 Pounds of Produce on a Quarter-Acre

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] HomeGrown, The Film: 6, 000 Pounds of Produce on a Quarter-Acre
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:55:21 -0700

(I haven't see it yet but I know it can be done with intensive beds)

HomeGrown, The Film: 6,000 Pounds of Produce on a Quarter-Acre
Announcement published by www.CultureChange.org

Read the complete article:
http://culturechange.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=235&Itemid=1

Robert McFalls' new film, HomeGrown is the inspiring story of the Dervaes
family – father, son and two daughters – that run a small organic farm in
the heart of urban Pasadena, California.

Living off the grid, they harvest more than 6,000 pounds of produce on
less than a quarter-acre of land, make their own biodiesel, power their
computers with the help of solar panels, and maintain a Web site that gets
4,000 hits a day. The film offers an intimate portrait of urban pioneers
living a “Little House on the Prairie” existence in the 21st century.

You can see the trailer for the film above, or at www.homegrown-film.com
or on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z54yRKjiSxA.

HomeGrown will just screened New York City's Lincoln Center as part of
their Green Screens series on November 3rd at the Walter Reade Theater at
Lincoln Center, New York City.

HomeGrown is also showing at the St. Louis International Film Festival on
November 16, 2008 at 5:15 pm, at the Tivoli Theatre 3, 6350 Delmar
Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri.

Read the complete article:
http://culturechange.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=235&Itemid=1

  • [Livingontheland] HomeGrown, The Film: 6, 000 Pounds of Produce on a Quarter-Acre, Tradingpost, 11/07/2008