livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Aspiring food and energy self-reliant community

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Twoearthandsky@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Aspiring food and energy self-reliant community
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:56:08 EST

Paul,

This list and your work and other great people here have been amazingly resourceful to us as we strive to live food self-reliance. Thank you all.

Everyone's efforts here to introduce others to the benefits of good agricultural practices seems appropriate. It's a start. And, yes networking where we are is helpful until which time people need for their relationships and intentions to be more then that.

Maybe the world's economies will collapse and it will make sense to everyone to get back to the land living life simply and sustainably in cooperative effort with like minded others, a collapse and personal choices that seem to be unfolding today. That's what many did during the Great Depression in the 30's. Too bad for many that the family farm is a rarity today.

But for now no one really needs anyone else as our present cultural systems makes it possible for us to live independently of one another, and we do well without any need for cooperative efforts as long as those systems remain functional. And for now "networking" seems to be an appropriate form of organizing. However, we often wonder how bad things need to get before we all see that our present cultural systems are defective and must be re-envisioned?

A recession is when your neighbor loses his job and home...a depression is when you lose yours.

Best Wishes,  Daniel & Patti