livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Sticky prices, sticky wage reductions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Daniel Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Sticky prices, sticky wage reductions
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:42:44 -0500

While the prices stick on the high side, the same reasons for those high prices are used to force wage concessions by workers (bellyaching CEO, "We have to maintain our profit level for the shareholders, so we are cutting wages to you peons while we collect our bonuses.").
It only works for so long, and then someone figures out that people who don't make money can't buy stuff, so they go to the government for 'incentives' to 'grow business' and 'outsource jobs' to keep their profit margins up. Eventually, the train hits the brick wall of peak oil and the prices come down, but by then, it will be too late to prevent massive disruption of everyone's lives, which would have been happier without all of that stuff in the first place. Welcome to the machine.

Que sera sera

Dan C

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Sticky prices, sticky wage reductions, Daniel Conine, 10/21/2008