livingontheland - [Livingontheland] this time we don't have the family farms to fall back on

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] this time we don't have the family farms to fall back on
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:21:48 -0600

"As James H. Kunstler has reminded us lately, in that last great
greed-induced deflationary spiral, called the Great Depression, the US had
not yet squandered its vast oil and gas reserves, its productive industrial
base, demeaned and vanquished its proud and self-conscious working class,
depopulated its agricultural landscape, emptied and beggared its great
cities."

http://www.counterpunch.org/rhames091202008.html

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] this time we don't have the family farms to fall back on, Tradingpost, 09/20/2008