livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Skeptoid GMO podcast

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "D K" <dkhs22@gmail.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Skeptoid GMO podcast
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:53:04 -0400

I sometimes enjoy listening to the "Skeptoid" podcast by Brian
Dunning, though he often relies on someone like a government agency to
tell him what's right for his health, which causes me to question just
how qualified he is to call himself skeptical.

He is particularly lame in the following episdoe, in which he is
allegedly busting the "myth" of GMO safety issues. There are some
decent responses to it that seem to hit the nail on the head, but most
of them could use a little education.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4112 has transcript and audio.

8/5/2008 - All of the fears of health issues surrounding genetically
modified organisms have so far been unfounded (and still lack
plausible scientific hypotheses), and so anti-science activists like
Greenpeace have turned to "moral and spiritual" objections to justify
actions like fomenting terror in poor developing countries.
Frightening hungry people away from important new advances in food
science is really hard to stomach. I probably wouldn't use the words
"ethnic genocide" but you gotta admit, it does have all the trappings.

Diane K, Florida

--
Worldwide social network to encourage home-grown produce
http://victorygardens.ning.com

  • [Livingontheland] Skeptoid GMO podcast, D K, 09/13/2008