livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Fw: Food, drugs, chemistry & culture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dean" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>, <OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Fw: Food, drugs, chemistry & culture
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 13:14:02 -0600

This is from another list regarding Ecuador.  I think Codex has been brought up here before but the beat goes on.  Dean

Thank you!

A greater understanding of the impact of chemicals on the human body, the source of those chemicals and the authoritative entities that seek to control the incorporation of chemicals into our food and water supplies IMHO is THE most vital issue facing the human population today.  I am one of those who seek relief from chemical tyranny.  As a current resident of the US I am acutely aware of what is being done to my food (excitotoxins, synthetic hormones, irridation, etc.) and water (chlorine, fluoride, myriad of pharma meds, etc.) and have come to the sorrowful conclusion that I MUST exit that world by either living high up on the water table in a clean area and growing my own food or moving to a country where the food and water is not purposely contaminated.  Neither of these options is either easy nor guarenteed of success.

For example I was just in Vilcabamba last week.  While walking back from the botanical gardens I happened to pass a tomato field just as they were preparing to spray.  Tomatos don't do very well in that climate so they spray the crap out of them to prevent vine rot and other diseases.  My point here is that poor food growing practices can be found in places where you would least expect them.  Understanding where your food comes from and the mindset of those who are growing it is imperitive no matter where you choose to live.

The bottom line however is that we must seek to move in the direction of less chemicals in every aspect of our lives and that includes healing therapies.  I would direct attention to a program call "Codex Alimetarius" (Anti Codex, Pro Codex) for those who do not understand the level of effort on behalf of the global corporate industries to control our access to natural sources of healing.  This issue is now well established in the the West.  The question is how long can governments like Correa's prevent this from taking over in South America.  I suspect that many of you have not heard of this plan but even if you are not as anti allopathic medicine as I am your lives will still be impacted in ways you will not like.

I could go on but I just wanted to lend my support to this thread and hope that others will contribute their thoughts on how we can preserve a natural and holistic way of life wherever the may reside.

Jim