livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Forest Garden

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Forest Garden
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:00:30 -0500

Mollison's books aren't all that easy to read, either.  Unsurprisingly, Harvey Ussery's website has a very concise description: www.themodernhomestead.us .  Also, Mother Earth News has had some articles.

Dave Jacke's Edible Forest Gardens Vol I is better than Mollison's work, but expensive.  I really like it.  I've just started Vol II, and my impression is that it's written in a different language, or maybe it was written by Jacke's co-author, Eric Toensmeier.  In any case, I can't understand what they're saying, no matter how often I read a passage.

Robert Kourik's Designing and Maintaining Your Edible Landscape Naturally should be less expensive.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz