livingontheland - [Livingontheland] One Awesome Organic Garden - You Can, Too!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] One Awesome Organic Garden - You Can, Too!
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:01:21 -0600

One Awesome Organic Garden - You Can, Too!
>From Gary Jacobucci
8-20-8
http://www.rense.com/general83/org.htm

Jeff, thought I'd send along pictures a friend took today of my mile-high
organic garden in progress. You can post this if you think it might inspire
others to plant a garden.

Potatoes, Blue Hopi Corn, Indian peas, beans and melons from a mile- high
plus tribe, carrots, beets, tomatoes, etc.

I use a no-till method of gardening, in which the earthworms do the
cultivation. A 6-inch layer of straw makes for no weeding and a steady source
of food for the worms. A manifold and soaker hose system of watering makes
the garden pretty much a plant and harvest labor. I leave the potatoes, beets
and carrots in the ground after frost and shovel off the snow and harvest
from under the straw as needed all the way into June.

In friendship,
Gary
jacob48@citlink.net

  • [Livingontheland] One Awesome Organic Garden - You Can, Too!, Tradingpost, 08/24/2008