livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Part of our local harvest today.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Desert Eagle" <jimi@hdc-nm.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Part of our local harvest today.
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:11:01 -0600

Actually, these are Mesquite beans. They make a great sweat flour, is
incredibly healthy for Diabetics, have almost 40% protean and are free for
the harvesting, if you want to take the time and suffer a bit of blood
letting to get them.

As to an actual market for them, in the raw, I don't have one, but in flour
and items made from them after grinding folks love it.
If anyone is interested in it, I have a small word Document expressing the
benefits of it.
Jimi

So what kind of beans do you harvest there, and how do they sell?