livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] N.M. Tradition Clashes With Off-Roading on PublicLands

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] N.M. Tradition Clashes With Off-Roading on PublicLands
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:58:43 -0600

Uhh... how we use or abuse the land has everything to do with Living On The
Land.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry

The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933

That is well said, replied Candide, but we must cultivate our garden.
--Voltaire [Francois-Marie Arouet] Candide