livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] FDA Investigates Dairy Over

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <mdnagel@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] FDA Investigates Dairy Over
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:52:15 -0500 (CDT)

My comment about cheese making had to do with it neutralizing any potentially
harmful bacterial affects rather than any legally harmful affects :-() The
point being that it is a fact that the consumption of raw milk CAN cause
problems (though what's contested is how big of a threat this actually is);
with cheese, however, from what I understand (please correct if wrong), any
such problem does NOT exist; and, therefore, any conclusion that the sale of
raw milk ALWAYS carries an end-user risk is false. I guess my argument would
be that it should be perfectly legal to sell raw milk for making cheese.
It's an issue of end use: what if I wanted to use it to paint my barn? Go
away government, go away!

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

>From: elderberryjam <elderberryjam@zippytech.com>