livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Are Lilacs Edible?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "elderberryjam" <elderberryjam@zippytech.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Are Lilacs Edible?
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:27:23 -0400

threefeathers wrote:

"Just a couple of weeks ago, i presented a lesson on edible flowers to my study group, although amid snickers and jokes........but as we got into the lesson, several were amazed by how many of their flower-bed flowers were edible.....i didn't admit that i was just as amazed while researching information for that lesson"

I have a book with a recipe for candied violets; and have put violets in salads many times. Another flower I love to eat is the unbloomed dandelion buds saute'd in butter.

Gwen