livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] supermarket propaganda

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] supermarket propaganda
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:47:32 -0500

I would argue, however, that they're not OVEReducated, but UNDEReducated.  Brings to mind the Veep's recent comment on Americans' opinions (about the war); "So?"  Anytime, anywhere, anyone who is so certain that he has all the answers that he need not look any further or consider any other opinion, needs, in my  opinion, MORE education (maybe in the school of hard knocks).

Simplicity is often the result of much diligence, rather than the first thought that comes to mind.  In my Mechanical Engineering career we often used the phrase "We didn't have time to make it simple".  More time and effort in the design phase would have resulted in a better product, but management, in order to meet perceived market demands, pushed for release of the first design that "worked".  Granted, this example doesn't apply directly to the example, but I think it does communicate the idea that most concepts, including eating locally, require refinement over time.  If that careful consideration is not in evidence, consider it an unfinished philosophy.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz