livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] food cost/ was Livingontheland Digest, Vol 134, Issue 4

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] food cost/ was Livingontheland Digest, Vol 134, Issue 4
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:40:05 -0400

A flea market in Deerfield NH? Nah. We do have a farm auction every Saturday night, a guy with a gazillion Ham antennas, and the oldest agricultural fair in the state (that has still maintained agriculture as it's main focus). The Deerfield Fair is also timed appropriately to be host to prize winning pumpkins (as well as Topsfield MA and Fryeburg ME). So if you're into that sort of thing you might see mention of it. Mostly, we have nothing - a whole lot of nothing - but we do have 2 state parks (Pawtuckaway and Bear Brook - Pawtuckaway is famous for it's glacial boulder deposits http://www.nhstateparks.com/Maps/pawhiking.html), a plethora of home based businesses, a CSA (http://www.beethankfulfarm.com/ I know how you feel about those Paul), and a small Farmer's Market (http://farmersmarket.deerfieldnh.us/ there's a picture of me and two of my girls in the photos buying lettuce from my favorite bee guy).

And yes I do like to spin yarn (and knit), and as time goes on there will be more yarns to oogle, and plants too once this darn snow goes away. Thanks for the plug.

I do think you should consider a book (doesn't have to be an opus) during your slow season. Or maybe an article or two to Mother Earth News. It would help to spread the word.

Tameson

----- Original Message ----- From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>