livingontheland - [Livingontheland] More about chicken silage, please? (was Re: the Dervaes family. . .)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <boxwood@nelsoncable.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] More about chicken silage, please? (was Re: the Dervaes family. . .)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:37:14 -0500

One of the things we are working on is an ingenious
silage made from lawn clippings that we read about in Gene Logsdon's
"All Flesh is Grass" (a great book, by the way) for a small chicken
flock's winter feeding. ~Dan Fox

Dan, could you add some specifics about the method, please. I don't mind buying the book, but if the technique is simple enough to put in a paragraph, I'd like to experiment with it. Many thanks.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

"Science without ethics is sociopathology." (Bill Mollison)

  • [Livingontheland] More about chicken silage, please? (was Re: the Dervaes family. . .), Harvey Ussery, 02/29/2008