livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Presentation "The Integrated Homestead" Mar 28 - Tour of Boxwood Mar 29

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <boxwood@nelsoncable.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Presentation "The Integrated Homestead" Mar 28 - Tour of Boxwood Mar 29
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:22:16 -0500

On *Friday, March 28*, I will give an all-day presentation at the Airlie Foundation's conference center in Warrenton, Virginia (reprising my presentation "The Integrated Homestead" last November at the eighth annual conference of the Weston A. Price Foundation http://www.westonaprice.org/ ). This presentation will be about integrating the diverse elements of the homestead so they support and enhance each other, creating synergistic efficiencies. Fee for the day will be $60, which includes a fabulous lunch based on local ingredients (for which the Airlie kitchen is famous) and a copy of my 44-page paper "The Integrated Homestead." There will be a limit of 40 participants, so register early if you know you want to attend. For more information, check the Local Foods Project page on the Airlie site:
http://airlie.org/activities/foodproject.htm
At the moment, that page is seriously out of date. However, there are phone and email contacts for more information.

On *Saturday, March 29*, a follow-on to the Airlie presentation will be a tour of Boxwood, to see up close and personal what we have tried to accomplish on our busy little homestead in northern Virginia for 24 years. Arrival for the tour will be 9:30. It will end at noon, though we'll be glad to talk further with those who want to linger. The requested donation for the tour is $20 per person. Please note that *all* the donations will be passed on to support the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund:
http://www.ftcldf.org/

Hope to see you then.

~Harvey

--