livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] [SPAM] breaking news/putting a billion in perspective

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: McBride & Putnam <dragonhill2@netzero.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] [SPAM] breaking news/putting a billion in perspective
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:03:08 -0500

At 09:58 PM 1/22/2008, you wrote:
Oops, I meant to delete everything but the "billion" examples.  Didn't mean to leave in the political message.  Sorry folks.

That's good, because I was going to point out that many of those taxes did, in fact, exist, that some of the others were unnecessary because the services they provide weren't needed in a very much smaller population, and that few people today would be willing to give up what some of those taxes pay for (roads, for example). And that many many mothers did indeed have to work outside the home.

That said, I think a billion dollars a day for some of our government's activities is appalling.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com