livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Harvey to present at PASA conference February 7

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <boxwood@nelsoncable.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Harvey to present at PASA conference February 7
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:10:07 -0500

Hi All,

I will be presenting at the Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture annual conference in State College this year. Check
http://www.pasafarming.org/conference2008/
for more information about the 3-day conference.

On Thursday, Feb 7, I will take part in the all-day track "Surviving in the 21st Century: The New Victory Garden," which will follow up on James Howard Kunstler's presentation last year on peak oil and its consequences, especially for food security. The track will attempt to address the needs of people who took JHK's words to heart, and are now asking, "Okay, I'm convinced I need to put serious effort into learning how to produce more of my own food--how do I get started?"

I'll take part in the Livestock half of the track (there will be a Vegetable half as well), presenting "Getting Off on the Right Foot with Livestock" and "Starting with Poultry."

If you plan to attend the PASA conference, by all means look me up and let's say hello. (After the Thursday presentations, I will remain for the rest of the conference on Friday and Saturday.)

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used."
~Wendell Berry