livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Reviewing F. William Engdahl's "Seeds of Destruction"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Reviewing F. William Engdahl's "Seeds of Destruction"
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:33:12 -0700

I don't. The remedy is to do something, however small and unnoticed. None
of us can change the world, nor do we need to. But millions of us, acting
independently, can do much to protect ourselves and our own food supply and
heirloom seeds. We can commit to "inactivism" - the simple practice of
refusing to support a system we cannot believe in. I'm only one - and as
yet very small - but I won't wholesale to a corporate middleman, or
distributor or cartel. I won't buy seed from the biggest outfits, much less
patented hybrids. I ignore the co-opted organic standards and organic chain
stores. YMMV. There are many ways to opt out and preserve something of our
individualist and community heritage.

--Henry David Thoreau