livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Emergency power & Lining Your Chimney

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Bobby G <bobbyg53211@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Emergency power & Lining Your Chimney
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:25:32 -0800 (PST)

Bruce wrote:
------------
From: "bruce smith" <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Emergency Power

>Thanks so much for these tips.. 1st thing I'm going
to do is buy a
small
used truck.. 2nd get a woodstove.. We are also looking
into converting
over
to a wood/oil furnace..A lot of the cost will be
double lining the
chimney..
they say $2000 just for the steel liner and the BIG
GUY only knows what
for
the woodstove pipe liner.. New at this.. so I don't
have a clue?
I know it has to be done. We have insultated and
replaced all the
windows
with very good low e ones.. we bought oil in April and
we still have A
half
tank. The tank takes 250 gallons.
-------------

Dude, look into this web-site on chimney linings:

http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/store/landing.asp

in particular this doublewall stainless piping:
http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=93

we looked into doing this for adapting a woodstove
since we have two separate masonry chimneys for two
separate fireplaces (hey, the house was built that
way, not our idea).

i believe you could probably spend quite a bit less
than the $2,000 you mention, unless your chimney is
very tall. that website also has flexible stainless
tubing if your chimney is oddly shaped or hard to tie
into...

bobby g
Wisc.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs