livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:05:30 -0800 (PST)

There are many, many farmers making a good living selling at the farmer's markets, etc according to the listserves I am on or some one is putting out a lot of lies.  Coleman Eliot is probably the no. 1.  He tells how it is done so anyone willing can copy him. He has very little land.  There are others with more land and in the livestock marketing.  The no. 1 requirement is to "think outside the box" and almost no farmers are willing to do that.  I told a cotton farmer here, who complains constantly about no profits, how to triple or more his profits, needs almost no work, and he refuses to change. I gave him the telephone numbers of farmers who are doing it; no pie in the sky.  He refuses.

Ken Hargesheimer