livingontheland - [Livingontheland] The Skeptical Environmentalist, Part Two

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Living on the Land" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] The Skeptical Environmentalist, Part Two
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:00:34 -0600

Well, I (sort of), finished the book.  I admit to scanning or skipping some of the more tedious parts.  Ultimately, I have to admit that Lomborg made some very good points about our decisions regarding the environment.  Unfortunately, the good points were positioned in a very unpleasant, confrontational diatribe against the most vocal environmentalists, making it difficult to listen to his opinions, much less understand or accept them.

If you have an open mind and a strong stomach, the book is worthwhile, but I'd borrow, rather than buy - you won't need to refer to it again unless you're planning to argue these points repeatedly.

Still looking for an unbiased account of environmental issues.....

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz

  • [Livingontheland] The Skeptical Environmentalist, Part Two, E. E. Mitchamore Jr, 11/29/2007