livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Arracacha - where to find it?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Phil Bunch" <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Arracacha - where to find it?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:14:14 -0800

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] Arracacha - where to find it?

I’ll be moving to Colombia in January. I may be able to get you some seeds but I don’t know when the crop matures so it could be a while. People in the village grow it so I will be able to get you more information late in January. I’m going to have to get an ISP in Medellin so I might be off-list for a while. Hopefully not long. Please remind me toward the end of the month (January) as we are in the getting-ready-to-move-can’t-remember-our-own-names phase :-)

I also may be able to get seeds of other high elevation Andean crops if anyone is interested. Some of these should be ok along the Pacific Coast. Some of them have photoperiod issues. There is an exceptional bean called the cargamanto which is outstanding but I have never been able to set fruit on in San Diego. If anyone wanted to play with it and select or breed strains that will set fruit well in your local climate it might well be worth the effort.

I plan to stay in touch with this list so I’ll let folks know when I’m out of the internet dead zone. I now have my visa and tickets in hand so we are outta here in January.

Phil