livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food pantries struggling with shortages

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "bruce smith" <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food pantries struggling with shortages
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:13:08 -0500

On Nov 20, 2007 5:28 PM, TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

Hi,
I'm the director of a soup kitchen ministry in Meriden CT and I can
attest to the validity of this article. We are scraping by..Thank God
we had the Boy Scouts do a Thanksgiving food drive for us. But still
we have far less than we need to see us through until the Postal Food
drive in April. There are a lot of truly hurting people out there, yes
you get the few cons and lazy bums, but most of the folks we serve are
really genuinely in deep need..
But I do have a good report at least for our Ministry.. Volunteers are
up. We now have 5 churches participating! Each Church has at least 6
to 7 people coming to help out.

--
Bruce E Smith

A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will
bring heaven to your soul. ~Author Unknown