livingontheland - [Livingontheland] homemade water purifiers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Douglas Willhite" <drwillhite@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Douglas & Hillary Willhite" <drwillhite@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] homemade water purifiers
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:42:13 -0700

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for information, tips, links, etc. on homemade,  do-it-yourself water purifying filters.
We've been drinking unfiltered water from an on-site well for the past seven years. Now that we've got a couple dozen chickens doing their business; we'll soon have a herd of Boer goats tromping around chewing down the brush and weeds; there's more cars, trucks, tractors, chemicals and sewer water leaching into our local aquifer than ever before; filtering our drinking water is taking on a new urgency. I could buy filters in town but since self-sufficiency has long been a goal of ours, I'd rather know how to make one.

I welcome feedback from anyone who can help point us in the right direction.
Thanks,
Doug

  • [Livingontheland] homemade water purifiers, Douglas Willhite, 10/31/2007